Safety, Health & Wellness
Providing a safe, nurturing learning environment for our students, faculty, and staff resides at the foundation of our mission. We are committed to taking a proactive approach by implementing new programs and adopting the latest advancements and technologies to keep our community healthy and safe.
Montgomery School monitors various metrics and the guidance of health officials to create policies and procedures to keep our community safe. Montgomery School's safety protocols and recommendations are outlined below and are based on the CDC COVID Guidance for Schools:
- We encourage families to stay up to date on COVID-19 vaccines.
- Parents and guardians are asked to monitor their child’s health before going to school each day, and keep their child home if they are sick or display symptoms of COVID-19. If a child displays symptoms while at school, a parent/guardian will be called.
- If a child tests positive for COVID-19, they may return on day 6. It is recommended to wear a mask for the first 5 days upon return. A negative test is not required to return to school.
- Masks are welcome. We understand the decision to wear or not wear a mask is not as straightforward as it seems. Montgomery teachers and staff take special care to promote an environment where individual choices about masking are treated with respect and care.
We ask members of our community to join us in taking the necessary steps to keep your family and those around you safe and healthy. Please refer to the CDC guidelines for the latest information and updates.
While we hope that a natural disaster or other serious incident never occurs, Montgomery School has protocols and procedures in place in to secure child safety, including but not limited to:
- Emergency Operations Plan
- Electronic Response System
- Enhanced Security System
- Regular faculty and staff training, planning, protocol development, assessments and evaluations
Click below to learn more about Montgomery School's campus security plans and policies.
Health & Wellness
At Montgomery School, our goal is to ensure that every student receives the appropriate support to nurture their physical, emotional, and academic well-being. We recognize the essential relationship among these different components and their lasting impact on student success.
Montgomery's students are supported daily by our caring and compassionate faculty and staff, school nurse, school counselor, and learning integration specialist. Our team of experts work together to provide an integrated program that supports and enhances our students' wellbeing at every stage of their Montgomery journey.
Click below to learn more about Montgomery School's multi-layered Health & Wellness Program.