Before and After School
Montgomery School provides before and after school programs for Montgomery School students in Prekindergarten through 8th Grade. The following is a description of these programs and cost.
- Early morning care is available for PreK-8th grade students from 7:30 - 8:10 am.
- Early Morning Care is available in the gymnasium. Parents may park in the side lot and escort their children into the gym. There is no charge if a child is dropped off early by a bus.
- Afternoon care is available at the end of the regular day.
- Afternoon care is available either on a full time or drop in/occasional basis. The program is managed by Montgomery School administrator, Carolyn Blair, in an atmosphere that fosters collaboration and movement.
- Participating PreK - 8th Grade children gather in the Dining Room to have a snack and a supervised homework session at the end of their school day. At 4:15 pm the children will be involved in a variety of activities such as games, arts and crafts, computers/technology, library, movies and active play. A small flag will be posted each day outside of the pick up location.
Early Morning Care is for children arriving before 8:00 AM
- Prekindergarten and Kindergarten – no charge, included in tuition
- Grades 1-8 - $9.00 per day
- Parents will be billed at the end of each month based on their use of the care.
Full-time Afternoon Care is for children who will attend afternoons an average of at least one and one quarter hours per day.
- PreK and Kindergarten – no charge, included in tuition
- Grades 1-5 - the cost is $20.00 per day for each school day of the month
- Grades 6-8 – the cost is $15.00 per day for each school day of the month for which care is offered
- Parents will be billed at the beginning of each month and will be charged for each school day whether the child is in care or not.
- Monthly invoices will be calculated based on the number of school days per month for which care is offered times $20.00 or $15.00 as appropriate
Drop-In/Occasional Afternoon Care is for those children who need care on an as-needed basis.
- Grades 1-5 - cost per child is $14.00 per hour, or $33 per day (for up to 3 hours)
- Grades 6-8 - cost per child is $14.00 per hour, or $25.00 per day (for up to 2 hours)
- There will be no partial hour billing. You will be charged $14.00 for any part of an hour
- Parents will be billed monthly at the end of each month based on the number of hours or days used during the month
Afternoon Care ends promptly at 6:00 PM on Monday through Thursday and 5:30 PM on Fridays. There will be a late charge of $10.00 for every 15 minutes after the ending time for parents who pick up their children late. Late charges will apply to all children including PreK and Kindergarten.
Terms and Special Circumstances
Payment is expected in full within ten working days of the invoice date and is the responsibility of the custodial parent. Unpaid bills over 30 days may result in suspension of the extended day privileges.
Parents attending teacher conferences or meetings involving school activities will not be charged if their children are sent to the Afternoons Program.