December 27, 2022
Dear Montgomery School Community,
As we quickly approach the end of 2022 there is so much to be thankful for in our community. Our students, families, and faculty and staff are shining examples of the joy of learning, the power of community, and the brightness of our future. All of the work that we do on campus and with our students is directly impacted by your support. Our donors and our volunteers are the backbone of our community and give selflessly of themselves to strengthen Montgomery School.
As we continue our year-long theme of “Imagine!” I'm always inspired by the large and small ways I see our students, faculty, and families joyfully leading and supporting one another. Some top of mind examples…
- The fit-out of the Gresh Ground Floor project is underway with a significant portion of money raised to shape the new spaces and directions we’ve imagined!
- Student Government presented their vision to their peers for ways they could make an impact as leaders.
During No Shave November, faculty raised awareness and funds for special charities including City of Life Philadelphia, Stroud Water Research Center, CHOP, Brandywine Valley SPCA, and the American Farmland Trust.
Family Business Owners are making an impact through the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) program, helping to build our financial aid resources to keep Monty accessible.
Our community came together for large and small gatherings, including MSCA meetings, fall fun day, Thanksgiving chapel, alumni reception, and many more (it’s great to be back together on campus all the time)!
- Lower school artists let their imagination guide their work to create the beautiful murals and compositions displayed in Bell Hall.
- Middle School students reimagined their impact by pursuing CPR training and volunteering in Historic Yellow Springs.
- Students traveled on field trips to places like the Colonial Plantation, Goggleworks, Legoland, and Brandywine Museum of Art to enhance their understanding of the world around them.
A group of local, energized alumni came together to remember their Monty days and imagine ways to bring others back to campus.
As we give a fond goodbye to 2022 and imagine new possibilities in 2023, we also formally recognize some of the support Monty has received with the 2021-2022 Report of Annual Giving. This report is filled with many specific moments of gratitude for our donors, our volunteers, our special events, and our community of students, parents, alumni, grandparents, faculty, staff, and friends. You'll read stories about the impact of Montgomery School throughout our community and see the tangible outcomes of the Montgomery Fund.
Thank you for all that you do to support Montgomery School and our mission. And, of course, if you have year-end giving on your mind, there is still time to make a tax-deductible gift for 2022.
Head of School