The school day ends for Lower Schoolers at 3:15 and for Middle Schoolers at 4:15 (Monday-Thursday, 3:15 on Fridays.) Montgomery School offers several after-school activities, including after care, sports and art options, and enrichment classes in a variety of subjects.
Before and After School Care
At Montgomery School, we understand your childcare needs. We offer our Afternoons Program to our PreK through 6th grade students, from 3:10-6 PM Monday through Thursday (3:10-5:30 PM on Fridays). Early morning care is available in the gymnasium beginning at 7:30 am.
- Homework time with adult homework helpers
- A satisfying snack
- Outdoor play (weather permitting)
- Structured daily activities in a fun, relaxed learning environment
- Different themes that foster learning, cooperation, imagination, problem solving, community and friendship.
- An opportunity to relax after a full day of learning and offers quiet time and support to get students started on homework assignments.
- Contracts required to ensure appropriate supervision for children.
- Before and after school care for PreK and Kindergarten is included in Montgomery's tuition.
- Afternoon Care available either on a regular basis or an occasional basis
Montgomery also offers Afternoon Student Enrichment classes as we strive to expand the minds, nourish the bodies, and enrich the character of our students. One of the ways we actively pursue this goal is through our assortment of Enrichment Classes for students in the Montgomery School community. With a broad array of offerings we are sure you'll find a class that interests you.
Overtime Sports Program
This after school option is offered to Lower and Middle School students throughout the year for an additional fee, and takes place on Fridays from 3:15 - 4:15 pm. Each session will focus on sport specific skills and will be directed by Director of Athletics, Carolyn Blair. During each session the groups will be divided by skill level and we will work on improving each individual athlete’s skills through drills and small sided games.
5th Grade Interscholastic Sports
In 5th grade, students may select to participate in the Middle School sports offerings in two of our sports seasons: field hockey, soccer or cross country in the fall season and lacrosse in the spring. These students participate two days a week from 3:15 - 4:15, and play in 3 JV games per season. This is an opportunity for these "almost Middle School students" to gain exposure the world of Middle School sports and team dynamics, and to begin to learn specific skills in a sport.