Benefits of PreK - 8
Ensuring a Safe Place for Preadolescents
- Montgomery School is a safe place for children of all ages.
- Our environment allows emerging adolescents to become confident and poised, and helps them find lifelong academic interests and skills.
- There is no pressure to grow up too fast at Montgomery School, or behave like a high school student.
Focusing on PreK through Eighth Grade
- Montgomery School focuses solely on providing the best possible PreK to eighth grade experience.
- Our Lower School and Middle School programs do not compete with a high school program for valuable human and financial resources.
- Faculty members love to teach students in this age range and are cognizant of their social, emotional, and physical needs during this formative period.
Opportunities for Leadership
- The oldest students on campus assume the mantle of leadership and act as role models for the entire student body.
- Our middle school students rise to the occasion and serve on the Student Council, have starring roles in school musicals, play on Montgomery’s athletic teams, and serve as admissions tour guides.
- The positive achievements of early adolescents are recognized as culminating events and traditions, better preparing Montgomery students for those same opportunities in secondary school and beyond.
- Numerous national studies demonstrate the advantage of a four year old to eighth grade education; they enhance academic, social, and emotional development while bringing about improved self esteem and confidence (Rand Study and National Middle School Association Study).
- A two-year study by American College Testing (ACT) found that eighth grade academic achievement in an appropriate eighth grade curriculum was more significant in determining future success in high school and college than any high school academic experience.
- The experiences of our alumni indicate that Montgomery School provides powerful long-lasting experiences that position students for success in high school and college.
Transitioning to High School
- As students approach their final year of the Montgomery School experience we work closely with families to identify the next best placement for high school. Our alumni distinguish themselves in their new schools. Both public and independent schools are delighted to add Montgomery School graduates to their classes.
- Preparing our students to be productive and happy at the next level is critical to the thinking of both teachers and administrators at Montgomery School.