Welcome to Montgomery School! We are excited to help you begin planning for the fall and look forward to working with you and your child for years to come. This New Families page is a great place to get started as you transition to Montgomery School.
- District Bussing Forms must be completed for students entering grades K-8, even if you are not planning to utilize bussing from your district.
- Please contact your public school district's transportation department - all districts require an ACT 372 Form for students riding the bus to be completed by the parent/guardian. Visit the Transportation page on our website for details and to access the forms.
- Applies to students entering K - 8th. PreK students do not wear a school uniform.
- Montgomery School utilizes LandsEnd as our uniform vendor.
- "The Rack" is located on campus and sells gently used uniforms for sale at a discount price. Parents may donate and purchase gently worn uniform items throughout the year through The Rack. To access “The Rack” simply check-in at the Farmhouse during school hours and our receptionist will show you to “The Rack” which accepts cash, checks and Venmo.
- Spirit Wear (non-uniform apparel) for kids and adults can be purchased online at Montgomery's Sideline Store.
- Visit our Uniform page for all necessary details.
- School Day Basics
- Uniform Basics
- Before/After School Care & Transporation
- General Parent Procedural Questions
- Getting Involved
- What are the school day hours?
Half Day Pre-Kindergarten 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM (Mon. – Fri.)
Full Day Pre-Kindergarten 8:30 AM – 3:15 PM (Mon. – Fri.)
Kindergarten and Grades 1 - 5 8:30 AM – 3:15 PM (Mon. – Fri.)
Grades 6, 7, 8 8:20 AM – 4:15 PM (& 3:15 on Fri.)
- How can I learn more about Early Morning Care, Afternoon Care, and the Enrichment Program?
Information can be found HERE as well as under FAQ section, Before/Afterschool Care & Transportation. For questions, contact Carolyn Blair at 610-827-7222 x227 or email@example.com.
- What are the Chapel schedules?
Middle School - Tuesdays @ 8:30 AM
Lower School* - Wednesdays @ 8:30 AM
LS & MS - Fridays @ 8:30 AM
*Pre-Kindergarten students attend only Lower School Chapel periodically.
Parents are always welcome to attend Chapel programs in Bell Hall. Special seating in the back of Bell Hall is reserved for parents and guests.
- Do I have to check in when I visit campus?
Yes, please stop in the Farmhouse and see Patty Kirkner at the front desk to check in.
- Are lunch and snacks provided by the school?
Tuition covers a daily school lunch for Kindergarten - Grade 8, and a daily snack for all grades. The monthly lunch menu is available on the website under “Quicklinks”. A hot meal is provided every day, in addition to the salad and sandwich bar. The school and the food service are quite flexible regarding specific dietary needs. Please contact the school nurse, Carol Forbes at 610-827-7222 x218 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns regarding your child’s diet.
- How do I order the uniform for my child who is entering K - 8th Grade?
The Montgomery School uniform policy and Lands’ End ordering information can be found HERE. Use Montgomery School’s uniform number (900061250) to help determine what items are available for your child’s grade when ordering uniforms from landsend.com.
The fall/spring uniform is worn from the start of school until approximately October 31st (depending on weather). The winter uniform is then worn from November 1st until Spring Break. Following Spring Break, students once again wear the fall/spring uniform. Please note that in extreme weather, the Division Heads may make adjustments to the uniform.
- What is appropriate Prekindergarten Attire?
A uniform is not required for our Prekindergarten students. Children should dress in comfortable clothing that will encounter paint, play dough, outdoor play, etc. Footwear for PreK should be sturdy shoes or sneakers. Flip-flops are not appropriate footwear.
- What do the students wear during Phys. Ed?
Students in Kindergarten through Grade 4 will wear their regular uniform. Students in Grades 5 through 8 wear mesh shorts and a t-shirt with a Montgomery logo on it. These items are available through Lands' End (as well as "The Rack").
- Can I purchase pre-worn uniform items at a discount? When can I shop at “The Rack”? How can I donate clothes back to "The Rack"?
"Yes! "The Rack" is located on campus and is run by our Parent Association. To access “The Rack” during school hours (8:00AM - 4:30PM during the school year and summers 9:00AM - 3:00PM M-TH/9:00AM - noon on Fridays) simply check-in at the Farmhouse and our receptionist will show you to “The Rack” which accepts cash, checks and Venmo. After school hour shopping is also available at your convenience. To donate uniform clothes to “The Rack”, simply drop off your donated uniform apparel in the labeled bin on the front porch of the Farmhouse anytime.
- Where can I purchase Montgomery Spirit Wear (non-uniform apparel) for me and my kids? Montgomery's Sideline Store
When I drive my child to school, where should I drop-off/pickup?
Car and bus drop-off and pickup occur along the campus loop. When you arrive on campus, just be sure to make a left and follow the loop around. Members of the administration and faculty serve as morning greeters from 8:10 - 8:30 AM, and will help your child out of the car and off the bus during those times in the morning. In the afternoon, teachers will supervise dismissal. Parents are given a sign with their last name, to display on the dashboard.
PreKindergarten students who arrive from 8:10 - 8:30 are dropped off directly to their classroom. PreKindergarten students can be dropped off prior to 8:10. Drop off would be in the gymnasium for “Early Mornings”. PreKindergarten students are also picked up directly from their classroom unless they attend Afternoons.
How can I learn more about Early Morning Care and Afternoon Care (as well as the Enrichment Program)?
Information can be found HERE. For questions, contact Carolyn Blair at 610-827-7222 x227 or email@example.com.
What should my child do if he/she arrives early to school?
Children from Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 8 may arrive for planned supervised “Early Morning Care” beginning at 7:30 AM. An adult should bring them directly to the gym where care will be provided. For Grades PreK through Grade 5, a staff member will escort the children to their classrooms at 8:10 AM.
Students in Grades 6 through 8 can walk to Advisory at 8:00 AM. In addition, at 8:00 AM Middle School Students can stop by the Dining Room for a morning snack on the way to their Advisory.
Please tell me about “Afternoons,” Montgomery’s after school program.
As a convenience to parents of students at Montgomery, we provide an after-school-hours program, which operates from 3:15 – 6:00 PM (5:30 PM on Fridays) for Prekindergarten through 8th Grade students. At dismissal, students participating in Afternoons will go to the Dining Room and have a snack. The program continues with supervision of homework, creative activities, and indoor and outdoor play. Children are supervised in an atmosphere that fosters involvement and creative expression. Find additional more information on pricing and structure HERE.
What is OT (Overtime) Sports?
OT Sports, short for Overtime Sports, is offered to our PreK - 4th Grade students throughout the year. Please find information HERE as well as information about sport opportunities offered to our 5th Grade students. OT Sports offerings are communicated through Schoolhouse News emails.
Who do I call for questions about 5th Grade Athletics, Middle School Athletics or OT Sports?
Please find information about our sport offerings HERE. Please contact Carolyn Blair at 610-827-7222 x227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who do I contact if my child will be late, absent or need to leave early?
Please email the school at email@example.com including your child’s name, grade, the name of your child’s teacher (Lower School) or advisor (Middle School), and reason for their absence (if applicable) by 8:30 AM. If you need to pick up your child early for an appointment, they will be ready in the Farmhouse lobby at the time you've communicated.
- How do I log in to the parent portal on Montgomery’s website?
You will receive your login information from Montgomery School prior to the start of the school year. The Parent Portal link can be found on our website under “myMontgomery” and provides you access to our parent, student and faculty directories. For questions, please contact Linda Jones at 610-827-7222 x217 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I change my child’s dismissal plan for the day?
Please submit an Online Dismissal Change Form by 1:30 PM. The form is located on our website under Quicklinks. For questions, contact Wendy Walton at 610-827-7222 x216 or email@example.com.
- Who do I contact with tuition, billing, or payment questions?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. FACTs is our online tuition payment system.
- We’ve moved. How do I change my address with the school? Please contact Linda Jones at 610-827-7222 x217 or email@example.com.
- Tell me about the weekly newsletter, Schoolhouse News.
Schoolhouse News is sent by e-mail to every family at 11:00 AM on Sunday mornings throughout the school year. This is a great source of information, as it will convey to you details about upcoming events, important updates and reminders. Schoolhouse News can also be found HERE under the “Quicklinks” tab on our website.
- What other communications can I expect?
You will receive class specific, monthly emails from your Homeroom/Grade Parent. The Montgomery School Community Association (MSCA) will send families an email following each general meeting.
- How are we notified about school closings?
We use a system called Ruvna. You will receive a text message and the closing will be listed as a popup on our website.
- Does Montgomery School have a Parent Association?
Yes - more information can be found HERE. The Montgomery School Community Association (MSCA) is run by volunteers and led by elected parent officers who support the School by helping to organize a variety of events and volunteer activities. All parents are encouraged and welcomed to participate. For more information, contact Katie Sillup at 610-827-7222 x226 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do I need clearances to volunteer and chaperone field trips?
Yes - more information can be found HERE. All clearances should be submitted to Linda Jones at 610-827-7222 x217 or email@example.com.
- What are the different ways I can give back to the Montgomery Community
Whether it is as a donor or volunteer, you can make a difference. Opportunities include but are not limited to: The Annual Fund Campaign, Golf Classic, and our Annual Benefit. For more information, contact Jess Pullano at 610-601-4347 or firstname.lastname@example.org.