Getting To and From School
School District Busing
If your public school district is within a 10 miles radius of Montgomery School, you are eligible to receive free busing from your home school district if it provides transportation to its students (PA State Law). The following districts are within 10 miles of Montgomery School and provide students with busing.
West Chester – 484-266-1040
Methacton - 610-489-5078
During the summer, school districts are provided with the names of all students enrolled at Montgomery School. Your school district will contact you near the end of August with details regarding your children’s bus stop and times. Questions regarding bus transportation should be directed to your school district transportation department as noted above.
- The school districts do not permit prekindergarten students, children from another school district or children who are not regular passengers to ride on their buses.
- Students must ride the bus to which they are assigned.
- Lower School students are not permitted to ride Middle School buses home in the afternoon.
- Middle School students are not permitted to ride Lower School buses home in the afternoon.
- All routes, pick-up and drop-off locations, and schedules are made by individual school districts. The duration of the bus trip is determined solely by the school districts.
Guidelines for Drop-off and Pick-Up
- Administrators are on duty at morning drop off to greet students and to help children arriving by car and bus from 8:10-8:30 AM each morning.
- Should you need to walk your child(ren) into school, use the parent parking lots behind the Gym or at the Farmhouse.
- Faculty members run afternoon dismissal, ensuring that children are sent home safely, whether by car or bus.
- Early morning and afterschool care is included for all PreK and Kindergarten students, and is available for all other grades for an additional fee, either daily or on a drop in basis. Please see the early mornings and afternoons contract for additional information.