- Contact the Admissions office and make an appointment to meet with the Director of Admission and tour the school.
- Complete an online Application for Admission for each child applying and submit with the $50.00 application fee.
- The Release of Records Form authorizes your child’s school to release records to Montgomery. Please complete and sign this form and give it to your child’s current school. Records will be sent directly to Montgomery School and are kept confidential.
- Referral forms are given to current teachers. Middle School (6-8) applicants give one referral form to their language arts teacher and one form to their math teacher. Lower School applicants (PK-5) give their referral to their main classroom teacher. Lower School applicants who have different teachers for language arts and math give one referral form to their language arts teacher and one referral form to their math teacher. PreK - 1st grade referral form. 2nd - 8th grade referral form.
- Make arrangements to take the WPPSI-IV or WISC-IV test (Grades 1-8 applicants only). WPPSI-IV and WISC-IV tests offer an independent evaluation by a trained and experienced professional. Applicants entering grades 6-8 may also submit results from the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) in lieu of the WISC-IV.
- Applicants for 1st through 8th grade will spend a full day visiting Montgomery School in their current grade. Students applying for Kindergarten will visit for a morning in our PreK classroom. During the classroom visit, the applicant will meet Montgomery School students, participate in classes and meet with the director of admission. For students entering 2nd through 8th grade, reading, writing and math assessments will be performed. Students entering Kindergarten and 1st grade will engage in age specific school readiness activities.