Montgomery School is seeking an experienced middle school music teacher. The desired candidate will develop in students musical fundamentals through a variety of musical experiences, while encouraging the ability to collaborate and create. We are seeking an energetic, ambitious, hard-working, and talented individual, adept at connecting with students, faculty, and the community. We desire a candidate marked by passion, energy, palpable care and investment in the lives of middle school students.The middle school music teacher is a member of the school faculty and is responsible for all of the duties that accompany the position. The primary responsibility is to teach music to 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students, direct the Middle School choir, all the while providing a responsible, supportive and safe environment for the students. The position has many functions, these include but are not limited to:
- Work with lower school music teacher in the ongoing development/updating of our schoolwide music curriculum
- Responsible for selecting and preparing music for weekly morning Chapels, the Holiday Concert, and the Spring Concert (FAME Night)
- Integrate music technology into music curriculum (with laptops, iPads, SMART Board, etc.)
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Well versed with multiple instruments (including piano and strings); implementing band program and curriculum (outside band experience preferred). Additional instrumental teaching experience preferred for small chamber ensembles.
- Have solid vocal teaching knowledge and be able to model good singing. Solid vocal pedagogy for training young singers
- The ideal candidate is an outstanding musician and passionate about working with young people
- Experienced in developing a vocal ensemble with groups of mixed experience and skill
- Comfortable with a broad repertoire of music
- Enthusiastic about working collaboratively to build curriculum and improve pedagogy
- Degree in music education is preferred
Interested candidates must have a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three years teaching experience; Master's preferred.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to Mark Dixon, Head of Middle School (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please only include Math Teacher in the subject line of your email. No phone inquiries please.