Thank you for your interest in Montgomery School. Montgomery School faculty and staff serve approximately 237 students in Prekindergarten through 8th grade. A critical component of employment at Montgomery School is supporting and modeling the School’s mission:
Montgomery School ignites each child's love of learning and fosters their individual talents during the most formative years in order to prepare them for future success.
- The Montgomery School ethos is based on its mission, and the school’s motto: Veritas, Pietas, Caritas (Truth, Loyalty, Compassion). Faculty and staff are expected to support and value the school’s mission.
- Montgomery School faculty model the mission’s ideals as well. Professional and personal integrity is required and expected in our faculty and staff.
- The curriculum is based on three principle tenets: Mind, Body, and Character. These three tenets are balanced throughout a student’s education at Montgomery School and supported by our curriculum planning and development.
- Professional development is encouraged and expected: As participants in a learning community, we share in the process and model the behavior of life-long learners.
- Teachers are expected to show proficiency and passion in their subject area.
- Leadership opportunities are offered to faculty and staff at times. Employees are expected to work as a team and to accept greater responsibility when applicable.
- Montgomery School faculty and staff are expected to have an understanding of developmental needs of children and a genuine appreciation for children in various stages of development.
An independent school founded in 1915, Montgomery School provides a supportive and stimulating environment for 220 students in Prekindergarten through grade 8. The school is known for its commitment to the whole child with a strong academic program and its willingness to challenge students with high standards in a balanced, well-rounded program. In a recent employee engagement survey at Montgomery, 95% of employees indicate they feel their work positively impacts students lives and 93% indicate they are satisfied with the culture within the adult community.
Montgomery School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks to forward diversity through its programs and hiring.