Following are detailed step-by-step instructions for how to log in and access the password protected content on our website and how to access your child's class pages.
he first thing to understand is your user name is your email address
—the one you gave us on your emergency forms. If you are unsure as to whether or not we have the correct email address in the system, STOP here and contact Mrs. Pace
or Mrs. Oeschger
, because you can't log on without that. If you are confident that we have your email address, then proceed with the following steps to set up a password and log on
- Go to the parent login window.
- Leave the username and password fields blank and click on "retrieve password" underneath the user name and password empty fields.
- This takes you to a screen which says "Forgot Your Password? Please enter your email and click Reset Password to have your password sent to you."
- In the email field type in your email address and click on reset password (you will notice that on the website, after clicking on reset password, the site opens a new Login page that says: "Login Required. Your password has been sent to the email address (your email address)" Keep this window open because you will need to enter your email address in the email field, and you will need to enter the new temporary password that you will receive in the email that was sent, into the password field.
- Check your email now. You should have an email from Montgomery School Website which when you open it, you will see that it says: "You have recently requested a reset of your password. Below is a new password which you can use to access the Montgomery School website. Use the email address to which this was addressed and the new password to log in to the site.After logging in with this information, you will be required to change the password. This change only affects your ability to log in to the Montgomery School website.
Please note that passwords are case-sensitive.
- Go back to the website Login window that you recently left open and type in your email address and the temporary password from the email you received from the website. Please note, the temporary password is case sensitive. Click on "login".
- Once you click on "login" the site brings you to a window that says: "Change Password. To insure security for our community, we periodically require members to change their passwords. Please enter your new password and confirmation below."
- Enter a new password (one that you will remember) and confirm it in the next field. Click "submit".
Viewing Your Child’s Class Pages
Once you have set up your username and password, you will be able to view your child’s class pages. Every teacher has a class page for every class and you may view that information at any time.
- Go to the Parent Portal and then select Customize My Classes from the bottom left section of your screen. On that same page you can also select what news and calendars you wish to see on your parent portal page.
- Select Prekindergarten, Lower School or Middle School.
- Click on each of your child’s classes that you wish to always see on your page.
- Click on the save changes button at the bottom of the page to save your choices.
- After you save your choices, you will see these classes in the list under My Classes. Homework assignments that are posted on these class pages will appear in the center column on your parent page.
- Please plan to check your child’s Homeroom class page often if they are in Lower School to see all the updates, photos, resources and communication placed there by your child’s homeroom teacher. Some teachers may have a link on your child’s class page, redirecting you to their wiki or other educational site.
Please contact Mrs. Kley