Welcome to the Bennett Hill Library at Montgomery School!
The mission of the library/media center is to ensure that our students are effectively and ethically using library and information resources, as well as developing a love for reading and learning that goes beyond our School doors.
Walking through the doors of the Gresh Academic Center and into the Bennett Hill Library, one is immediately struck by the light and openness of the large room. Designed with our barn theme in mind, the beautiful exposed beams and expansive wall of windows create a space adorned with children’s framed and sculptural art. The perch area, encased with glass windows and used for studying and reading, faces south overlooking the woods and Pickering Creek running through the campus. The library/media center houses a collection of 9,000 books, periodicals, and audiovisual materials including a laptop station for students and faculty. Flooded with natural light, the library is truly an inviting space for the School community to read, research, reflect, write, or be inspired.
- Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Every Lower School class has scheduled library time once a six day rotation.
- Middle School students have access to the library during library hours.
- Teachers can schedule additional classes in the library and technology center.
- PreK students may check out one book which is to be returned during their next scheduled library time.
- Kindergarten through 8th grade students may borrow two resources and are due two weeks after checkout. Allowances are made for students in good standing who are working on research and/or special projects.