Tuition and Value
Investing in your child's education pays dividends, and they begin today. Montgomery School's tuition is a direct reflection of:
Our philosophy to educate boys and girls with a child-centered, developmentally appropriate curriculum. Montgomery School is dedicated to educating and developing well rounded individuals and lifelong learners. We offer a diverse, enriching, dynamic curriculum which provides all students opportunities to explore and succeed.
Developing strong character, the foundation of a well balanced life, which is cultivated within our curriculum. By understanding each child’s strengths and potential, teachers nurture the social, emotional, and academic development of the individual child.
Our approach to learning, which is best accomplished through experiential and practical applications. With the introduction of new perspectives, our teachers facilitate learning opportunities which develop collaborative skills, creativity, and empathy.Enriching the educational experience through co-curricular opportunities:
- Offering outstanding learning spaces, athletic facilities, and outdoor education opportunities on our 60 acre campus
- Fielding 10 interscholastic sports in our Middle School. Our no-cut policy gives students the opportunity to learn a sport and to be part of a team.
- Providing growth opportunities through week-long overnight trips in Middle School
Attracting, retaining, and developing extraordinary educators who are experts in their subject:
- 34 full and part-time faculty, 56% hold a master's degree or higher
- Our faculty are not only educators, but are also learners, educational leaders, researchers, artists, and musicians
- Providing individualized instruction in small classes, with an average student-to-teacher ratio of 7:1
Developing confidence and skill in public speaking, beginning in our earliest grades
Delivering exceptional outcomes:
- 95% of our graduates are admitted to their first choice high school
- Many of our graduates go on to assume leadership positions in their secondary schools and colleges
- Recent Montgomery School students have matriculated to the following secondary schools:
The Agnes Irwin School
The Academy of Notre Dame de Namur
Avon Old Farms School
The Baldwin School
Bishop Shanahan High School
The Cate School
Church Farm School
Country Day School of the Sacred Heart
Delaware County Christian School
Delaware Valley Friends School
Devon Preparatory School
Downingtown STEM Academy
The Episcopal Academy
The Haverford School
The Hill School
Lancaster Country Day School
Linden Hall School
Malvern Preparatory School
The Shipley School
Villa Maria Academy
After submitting your admissions application, you may begin the tuition assistance application process by completing the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) through School and Student Services (SSS) by the National Association of Independent Schools. Complete just one PFS, even if you have more than one child applying for assistance.
Follow the steps below to complete the process.
- Step 1: Apply to Montgomery School
- Step 2: Download the PFS Workbook
- Step 3: Complete the PFS Online
- Step 4: Submit Additional Documents
- Step 5: Await the Tuition Assistance Decision
Completing the application begins our formal dialogue to decide if Montgomery School is the right match for your child. Please apply online - there is a $50 fee. Check the box on the application indicating you would like to apply for tuition assistance. Grants are awarded solely on the basis of a family’s financial need and subsequent to your child's acceptance and enrollment.
1. Go to the SSS website:
2. Login to the PFS online
Are you applying for aid for the first time? Click on the green “Create an Account” button. You’ll be asked to enter your name and email address and to select a password.
Did you apply last year? Enter in your login and password from last year in the section called “Returning Families.” If you have forgotten your login information, click on “forgot your password.”
3. Begin a PFS for academic year 2017-2018
Download the PFS Online Workbook and refer to on-screen help for guidance along the way. You can log out of the PFS Online at any time, then return later to complete your PFS.
4. Pay for and submit your PFS
The fee of $48 is non-refundable. Once you have paid for and submitted your PFS, noting Montgomery's SSS number of 5170, we will receive your information. About 24 hours after you submit your PFS, you can go back to the PFS Online to submit any additional documents (see next section) and to view your Family Report, which summarizes the information we will receive. You are required to order a copy of the parent report.
5. Submit additional required documents
Approximately 24 hours after you have paid for and submitted your PFS online, you will have access to the Manage Documents section of the PFS Online, where you can upload documents.
After completing the PFS, please complete and submit the following required documents:
- 2015: 1040 and W-2 (new tuition applicants only)
- 2016: W-2 Form
- 2016: 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ, and all supporting schedules
1. Prepare your documents to be uploaded.
Make sure the documents are on your computer, each saved as a separate file. They can be saved in any of the following file formats and each must be not more than 1.5 MB in size: Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe PDF, .jpg, .gif, or .tif. Remove any security or password protection you may have on any PDFs and black out any social security numbers. All documents must be submitted online.
2. Go to the PFS Online and login.
3. Select the Academic Year 2017-2018 button.
4. From your PFS Online Dashboard, click on the purple “Manage Documents” tab.
5. On the Manage Documents page, under “Upload Documents,” click “Browse,” then locate the place the document is on your computer.
6. Click "Upload Documents."
Once you have uploaded a document, it will NOT appear immediately in the “Received Documents” section on this page. It can take up to 72 hours for it to be received and then validated. Once it does appear in the “Received Documents” section, that means that Montgomery now has access to it.
If you have questions as you complete the PFS, contact SSS customer service at 800-344-8328.
If you wish to submit documents by mail, send them with a cover sheet (download here) to School and Student Services, PO Box 449, Randolph, MA 02368-0449. For overnight service, use: School and Student Services, 437 Turnpike Street, Canton, MA 02021.
Please do not send any documents to the School. All documents must go directly to SSS.
We will communicate our tuition assistance decision to you.
To make our decision, we use the information from the PFS as a starting point. SSS does not determine the amount of tuition assistance you receive; Montgomery School will make that decision independently. Your need is institutionally determined.
School Name: Montgomery School
SSS Code: 5170
Due date for completing the PFS: January 15, 2017
How to submit documents to SSS:
- Upload 2015 1040 and all supporting schedules, 2016 end of year pay stubs by January 15, 2017
- Upload 2016 W-2's by February 5, 2017
- Upload 2016 1040's and supporting schedules by April 15, 2017