Thank you for your interest in Montgomery School. Montgomery School faculty and staff serve approximately 235 students in Prekindergarten through 8th grade. A critical component of employment at Montgomery School is supporting and modeling the School’s mission:
Montgomery School is an independent, co-educational day school serving prekindergarten through grade eight in Chester Springs, PA. The School is dedicated to the development of each child in mind and body through academics, fine and performing arts, and athletics in an enriching cultural and physical environment. The School is equally committed to the development of each child's character, with an emphasis on integrity, respect, responsibility, and service to others.
- The Montgomery School ethos is based on its mission, and the school’s motto: Veritas, Pietas, Caritas (Truth, Loyalty, Compassion). Faculty and staff are expected to support and value the school’s mission.
- Montgomery School faculty model the mission’s ideals as well. Professional and personal integrity is required and expected in our faculty and staff.
- The curriculum is based on three principle tenets: Mind, Body, and Character. These three tenets are balanced throughout a student’s education at Montgomery School and supported by our curriculum planning and development.
- Professional development is encouraged and expected: As participants in a learning community, we share in the process and model the behavior of life-long learners.
- Teachers are expected to show proficiency and passion in their subject area.
- Leadership opportunities are offered to faculty and staff at times. Employees are expected to work as a team and to accept greater responsibility when applicable.
- Montgomery School faculty and staff are expected to have an understanding of developmental needs of children and a genuine appreciation for children in various stages of development.
If you would like to count yourself among us, we invite you to contact us to submit your application for consideration to become a part of the Montgomery School faculty and staff. Current opportunities are listed below.